Information and Resources for ASPA membership
An ASPA Member is
a specialized and/or professional accrediting organization with a national scope that accredits higher education programs or institutions that prepare individuals for entry into practice in a specialized discipline or defined profession, or educate individuals in a concentrated area of study.
Learn More About ASPA Membership
Why become a Member?
Benefits of ASPA membership
- Unified and common voice for issues of importance to specialized accreditation and higher education nationally.
- Net-working and peer interaction in conference settings; participating in a community of specialized accreditors; sharing best practices in carrying out accreditation work; benchmarking to improve performance.
- Professional development for volunteers, staff and educators as well as opportunities to learn from other accreditors.
- Current information on pertinent issues and important developments.
- Advocacy to broader communities including higher education, government, regional and national accreditors, and recognition bodies.
- Enhancement of the credibility and image of accreditation through endorsement of the ASPA-Member Code of Good Practice.
- Regular newsletters to broad community and e-letters within membership.
- Development of position papers on issues and good practices.
- In person and written representation on specialized accreditation on legislation and recognition issues to stakeholders.
- Proprietary database of member profiles and organization structure.
- Periodic compensation survey.
- Access to internal e-list to gather and share information within the membership.
Membership Eligibility Criteria
For ASPA Membership, the accrediting organization must:
- Demonstrate that it meets ASPA’s definition of Specialized or Professional, as well as the supporting definitions (see list of definitions);
- endorse the ASPA Code of Good Practice; and
- Submit the application and other required materials with the application fee of $500.00.
If the membership criteria are met and the applicant is accepted into membership by the ASPA Board of Directors, the term of membership will continue as long as the organization is a member in good standing.
Membership is contingent upon payment of current dues.
Dues for July, 1 2019 – June 30, 2020 are $4,700 + ($8.00 multiplied by the number of institutions that sponsor accredited programs, capped at 500). Dues will be pro-rated based on the date of approval for membership.
See a full list of accreditors who are members of ASPA and the professions and fields of study for which they set quality standards.
Have a Question?
Send us a quick message using the form below. We’d love to hear from you.